Powder-Blue Panchax (Pachypanchax omalonotus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Powder-Blue Panchax)
76 Litres (20 US G.)
7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
6.0 - 7.5
22 -28 °C (71.6-82.4°F)
- Powder-Blue Panchax
Additional scientific names
- Poecilia omalonota, Poecilia nuchimaculata, Pachypanchax homalonotus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful fish provided they are kept in a community tank with fish too large to be considered food. Can work well with fish such as Corydoras, peaceful small Cichlids such as German Blue Rams and similar sized Tetras. To well kept in a group with their own kind provided they are in a good group with more females than males.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- These like a meaty diet with small foods like bloodworm and daphnia. They may take dried foods but it may take time to wean them onto it.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Requires a spacious mature tank with plenty of lateral swimming space. They do well in planted tanks with a good mix of hiding places and that swimming space. They do not like bright lighting so benefit from floating plants. They are also good jumpers so a secure lid is a must.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A generally peaceful fish, although males will harass females. This is a non-annual Killifish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An oval shaped slightly elongated fish with the dorsal and anal fins towards the back of the fish by the caudal fin. The nose is pointed. The body is orange in colour with the head and mid-section of the body dusted with pale blue colouration and iridescence.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )